Sea bream with herb sauce
A quick and easy recipe for fish lovers.
Sea bream, also known as dorade, is a Mediterranean fish that has been eaten since ancient times. It tastes particularly good when it is steam baked.
Sea bream is one of the Mediterranean’s most valuable fish. It is available all year round, but tastes best from July to October. It has characteristic golden spots on the cheeks and a gold bar above the eyes, which is why it is also known as “gilthead”. Thanks to its strong teeth, which are faintly reminiscent of rabbits’ teeth, sea bream are even able to crack open mussels and crabs. Its meat is low in fat and high in proteins and valuable minerals, including magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and iodine.
When buying sea bream, make sure its eyes are shiny and its gills are moist. The clearer the golden band on its forehead, the fresher it is. And did you know that all sea bream start out as males? At the age of two or three their sexual organs recede and they turn into females.
Preparation time: 55 minutes
Active preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 4 sea bream fillets (à ca. 400 g)
- 40 ml olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 20 g Fluor
- 4 tbsp white wine
- 375 ml stock
- 100 ml cream
- 1½ tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 lemons
Utensils: Pastry brush, Miele multi-purpose tray, saucepan, whisk, knife, chopping board
- Season the fish with salt and pepper, brush with oil and place on the multi-purpose tray.
- Select the A10 “Sea bream” Automatic programme and put the fish in the pre-heated oven. Volume of water: approx. 100 ml, level 2. Programme length: 25-35 minutes.
- Heat the butter and add the flour. Gradually add stock and wine and bring to the boil. Add cream and herbs. Add salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
- Serve on pre-heated plates or platters garnished with half a lemon. Serve the sauce separately.
Tip: You can also steam bake the fish. Simply select the following oven settings: Function: Moisture plus, number/type of bursts of steam: 1; temperature 190-200°C + preheating, water volume: approx. 100 ml, level: 2; 1. Burst of steam: 15 minutes after start of baking process, baking time: 25-35 minutes
Image: © Miele